Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Albertson's - Sale good 11/5 - 11/11

My friend went shopping this morning and had one of the best shopping trips that I have seen. She saved $209.44 in coupons and $195.63 in Preferred savings for a total savings of $405.07. Wow! Here is what she bought for $136.11.


  • 6 boxes Progresso Chicken Broth
  • 18 jars Skippy peanut butter
  • 4 5 pound bags of flour
  • 6 cans of Progresso soup
  • 6 boxes of Green Giant vegetables
  • 15 boxes of cereal
  • 3bottles of Suave Shampoo
  • 2 bottles of Sauve Conditioner
  • 1 Suave Detangling spray
  • 5 bottles of Kids suave shampoo/conditioner
  • 5 Betty Crocker cookie pouches
  • 24 Trix yogurts
  • 5 Betty Crocker Frosting's
  • 3 boxes of Betty Crocker mashed potatoes
  • 3 bottles of Dove Shampoo
  • 2 bottles of Dove Conditioner
  • 6 bars of Dove soap
  • 5 pounds of chicken tenders, individually wrapped from the butcher
  • 1 pound hamburger
  • 12 packs of Dentyne gum
  • 3 pounds of bananas
  • 5 pounds of apples
  • 1 bag romaine salad
  • 5 bags of Cascade Action pacs
  • 5 boxes of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 5 bottles of Best Foods Mayo
  • 15 bottles of All Laundry Detergent
  • 5 bottles of Suave Lotion
  • 5 Suave Deodorants

5 comments:

Ali said...

I didn't get that awesome of a deal, but I did get what I think is a great deal! I spent $66.69 and saved a little over $200. Plus, I still have my $15 off next shopping trip coupon

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I wonder though would it be possible for us to find out what coupons or coupon combinations were used?

Kim Routson said...

She didn't say, but I know she uses GrocerySmarts. I looked at the items she bought and all the coupons are listed under Albertsons.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused..did you group these in $30 transactions so you could get the $15 off your next shopping trip? If she did different transactions can you use your $15 on the very next transaction?

meegz said...

Ali, I'd say you got a great deal too. It's the same as I did (my picture and deals:)) just doubled.

I just used Grocery Smarts(except for the Cascade -- I had other coupons to make those free).

At the Layton Albertsons they will let you do up to $60 in each transaction. Then you get $30 in "albertsons cash" out of the catalina box when you are done. Then, yes, I used that $30 on my next transaction. I did 4 $60 transactions at one time. PHEW!

On my final transaction (the 5th one) I bought all of my items that weren't in the sale and still used my $30 "albertsons cash"

Word to the wise, I sorted my "increments of $30" before I got to the store and put my coupons in little baggies so I was ready at the checkout. It kindof stunk because I had to dig through my cart for certain items but it helped when it came time to hand the checker the coupons. I was fearful that they would be out of stock of a few items and then my "increments of $30" would be in vain. But the only thing they were out of was Vaseline Lotion (they said they won't get anymore in this week--FYI.)

Hope that helps. It was a logistical nightmare but a pocketbooks dream!:)