Monday, November 17, 2008

Albertson's - Sale good

Total: $50.18 after taxes
Saved: $208.55

Here's What I bought:
3 gallons of whole milk - $2.29 each
10 Large Candy Bars - $1.00 each
16 Cans of Ravioli - $.63 (I get the Standard Examiner, which sometimes doesn't have all the coupons. This was one of those times. I have been doing this for 15 months and this is the third time it has happened.)
20 cans of Pam - $1.25 each (there is a coupon in yesterday's SS for $.35/1 which would make it $.90 a can. I am going to take these coupons in along with my receipt and ask if they will give them to me. I've done this before and they usually let me.
36 banquet dinners - $.50 each (these are great for my husband's lunches)
6 Cafe Steamers - $.50 each
10 puddings - $50 each
6 Orville Redenbacher popcorn - $.60

Here's How:
8 Different Transactions
I had a $6.00 off coupon that Albertsons sent in the Mail because my preferred card has my address and information. I know some of you don't have your information linked to your card. You can go online and entered it. It is really easy and they send really good coupons every now and then.
$30 off my order from last weeks transactions

On another note, yesterday's SS also had a coupon for redi whipped topping good for $.50 off one. With the sale, it would make it $.50. This would be great to have for pies for Thanksgiving.


6 comments:

Casey said...

I'm new at this and just trying to figure out the math. The way I add it up, you spent $156.87 in purchases, minus $70 in $10 coupons and $5.40 in other coupons. That comes to $81.47. How did you come up with $41? I went to Albertsons on Saturday and spent around $80 on mostly the same things.

Kim Routson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Routson said...

Sorry! That is such a good question. I forgot to mention that I still had vouchers from last weeks purchases. I also didn't add one of my receipts in. Thanks for catching that. My actual total was $50.18 after all my vouchers and coupons.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Went to your class last night - loved it! I can't wait to get my newspapers.

Anonymous said...

I get the Standard Examiner newspaper. You said that you have not rec'd all coupons on 3different occasions. I have noticed that the last two weeks I have only rec'd 1 set of coupons. On 11-23 I only rec'd the SS and 11-30 I only rec'd P&G. I don't think this is correct. Do you know what you have rec'd and do you know if you can call and get the coupons your missing?

Kim Routson said...

When I said that I didn't get coupons three times, I was referring to a single coupon. For example, One time there was a Bic pen coupon in the Salt Lake papers but I couldn't find it in the standard papers. I had still received the SS and RP for that week, but coupon wasn't there. On a few occasions I have not gotten the coupons magazines I was suppose to. I just called and told them I didn't get the coupons in my paper and they delivered them the next day. If you are unsure if you got all your coupons go to the grocery smart web site. When you get to the page with the drop down list scroll down to the bottom. On the right hand side it tells you what coupons you were suppose to receive that week. Two weeks ago we were only suppose to get the smart source, and this last week we only got the P&G. Hope this helps. Let me know if something didn't make sense.